This course is currently closed
Course Description: Principles of Effective Cyber Response is a one-day training course that covers an often-overlooked aspect of cyberattacks – Crisis Management. Using a prominent cyberattack case study as the backdrop for the session, this course will focus on key components that should be part of every cyber response plan. Upon completion of the training you will know:
- How to build an effective cyber response team.
- The importance of cyber insurance, what to look for in your insurance policy and pitfalls to avoid when dealing with the insurer.
- Why Privacy and Privilege cannot be overlooked or underestimated.
- How to liaise with your cyber and technology team on problem resolution timelines vs. deadlines and Recovery Time Objectives.
- What critical decisions need to be considered as part of your planning and how to use default positions as a starting point for making decisions during a crisis.
- The importance of crisis communications in a cyber event.
- How to build an effective communications strategy that delivers a consistent message to internal and external stakeholders.
- How to create your own cyber response plan.
- The value of a semi-colon in your crisis management strategies.
Training Block 1
The morning session will begin with a brief review of the case study and an overview of cybersecurity trends. Training will focus on:
- Why cyber response is no longer just an IT issue
- Building your response team: Key roles every organization must consider
- Understanding Cyber Insurance
- Why Privilege matters
- What are the privacy expectations in your jurisdiction?
- How to engage technology and the business when considering recovery
- 7 key decisions every organization must face
- How to build an effective communications strategy
Training Block 2
We’ll start the afternoon by compiling details from the morning session so that you can build your own Cyber Response Plan.
Then, course participants will gain hands-on experience by role-playing as a member of our Cyber Response Team. You’ll have the opportunity to try your hand as a key member of the team and work to mitigate the impact to our online pretend store.
In addition to the training, you will receive handouts and materials that you can use to help build an effective plan on your own.