*Scroll to the bottom of the page to access your Downloads and Course Feedback page.
“This three-hour class shows how to conduct media relations during a crisis with both social and traditional media as a crucial component of successful crisis management.
This class is a must for crisis and communications professionals who are responsible for communicating on behalf of their organizations during a crisis.
Replete with case studies, the class will equip participants with the basic toolkit for successful media relations by covering topics that include…
- The fundamentals of crisis media relations – driving and disseminating your organization’s crisis messages.
- Choosing and training spokespersons – the human faces of the crisis.
- Creating crisis key messages/ anticipating and responding to tough questions
- How to think like a reporter; recognizing reporters’ traps; finding common ground
- How to form lasting relationships with reporters, editors and producers for mutual benefit
- Guidelines for an editorial briefing
- Tips for successful interviews during a crisis — broadcast, print, in-person, Zoom
- News conferences during a crisis
- Communicating with media in high-hazard/high-anxiety situations
- Prepare for and respond to crises aggravated or instigated by media
- The importance of coordinating media relations with external audiences: e.g., first responders, law enforcement, elected officials
- Measure communications effectiveness
In addition to the training, participants will receive various crisis media relations templates that can be quickly modified to enable you to communicate quicker and more effectively during a crisis.