Principles of Simulation Exercises is a one-day training course that covers the fundamentals of the exercise program, characteristics of simulation exercises, and provides a framework on how to develop, deliver, and evaluate simulation exercises.
Upon completion of the training you will know:
- The fundamentals of an effective exercise program
- The difference between the types of exercises
- How to develop exercise objectives
- How to create a scenario based on exercise objectives
- How to prepare the rest of the exercise (logistics and scheduling)
- How to facilitate an exercise
- How to evaluate an exercise
- The importance of post-exercise activities (lessons-to-be-learned)
In addition to the training, you will receive an exercise planning workbook that will help you effectively develop and deliver exercises for your organization.
Training Block 1
Training block 1 will cover the components of creating, delivering and evaluating an exercise program, and customized simulation exercises.
The Exercise Program
- Characteristics of Effective Programs
- Exercise Types
- Objectives and Criteria
- Scenario Development
- The Storyline
- What’s a MSEL?
- Exercise Flow
- Roles & Responsibilities
- Game Day!
- The Hot Wash
- Evaluating the Exercise
Training Block 2
During the second block, our crisis simulation exercise specialists will guide you in hands-on creation of and planning and developing an exercise for a fictional company.
Having access to a laptop for the training is not essential but would help with certain aspects of the afternoon part of the day.