Principles of Effective Cyber Response
Principles of Effective Cyber Response is a one-day training course that covers an often-overlooked aspect of cyberattacks – Crisis Management. Using a prominent cyberattack case study as the backdrop for the session, this course will focus on key components that should be part of every cyber response plan.
Upon completion of the training you will know:
- How to build an effective cyber response team.
- The importance of cyber insurance, what to look for in your insurance policy and pitfalls to avoid when dealing with the insurer.
- Why Privacy and Privilege cannot be overlooked or underestimated.
- How to liaise with your cyber and technology team on problem resolution timelines vs. deadlines and Recovery Time Objectives.
- What critical decisions need to be considered as part of your planning and how to use default positions as a starting point for making decisions during a crisis.
- The importance of crisis communications in a cyber event.
- How to build an effective communications strategy that delivers a consistent message to internal and external stakeholders.
- How to create your own cyber response plan.
- The value of a semi-colon in your crisis management strategies.
The morning session will begin with a brief review of the case study and an overview of cybersecurity trends. Training will focus on:
- Why cyber response is no longer just an IT issue
- Building your response team: Key roles every organization must consider
- Understanding Cyber Insurance
- Why Privilege matters
- What are the privacy expectations in your jurisdiction?
- How to engage technology and the business when considering recovery
- 7 key decisions every organization must face
- How to build an effective communications strategy
We’ll start the afternoon by compiling details from the morning session so that you can build your own Cyber Response Plan.
Then, course participants will gain hands-on experience by role-playing as a member of our Cyber Response Team. You’ll have the opportunity to try your hand as a key member of the team and work to mitigate the impact to our online pretend store.
In addition to the training, you will receive handouts and materials that you can use to help build an effective plan on your own.
Mark Hoffman MBCI, CBCP
Anesis Consulting Group, Inc.
Mark is a senior crisis management and business continuity consultant with cybersecurity response and crisis communications experience in a leadership role, spanning twenty years.
He has a proven track record in developing and implementing crisis management, business continuity and cybersecurity response protocols, and establishing mature business continuity programs and effective governance models.
Hoffman has a reputation for being quick to build relationships and achieve results working collaboratively with business leaders and executives. He has extensive experience in the development and execution of tabletop and operational exercises with a focus on measurable results that lead to overall improvement of plans and programs.
Hoffman presented at ICMC in 2018 and has written numerous articles for PreparedEx and ICMC.
Upcoming Dates this Course is Running
August 10, 2021
Principles of Effective Cyber Response is a one-day training course or two session online course that covers an often-overlooked aspect of cyberattacks – Crisis Management. Using a prominent cyberattack case study as the backdrop for the session, this course will focus on key components that should be part of every cyber response plan To learn more about the details of this course please visit the Principles of Effective Cyber Response course description page.