Date: Day 2 (June 7, 2023)
4 Hour Course
10 Benefits of Attending the Insider Threat Management Workshop:
- Enhanced Awareness: Gain a deeper understanding of the evolving landscape of insider threats and the various tactics, techniques, and procedures used by malicious insiders.
- Effective Prevention Strategies: Learn best practices and proactive measures to prevent, detect, and mitigate insider threats within your organization.
- Collaborative Learning: Engage in interactive discussions and group activities with industry experts and peers, fostering knowledge-sharing and relationship-building.
- Risk Assessment Techniques: Acquire the skills necessary to assess your organization’s vulnerability to insider threats and develop effective risk management strategies.
- Legal and Regulatory Compliance: Understand the legal and regulatory requirements surrounding insider threat management and ensure your organization’s compliance with the latest policies and guidelines.
- Incident Response Planning: Receive guidance on creating and implementing a comprehensive insider threat incident response plan to reduce the impact of potential security breaches.
- Employee Training and Awareness: Explore methods to train and educate employees about insider threats and establish a security-conscious work culture.
- Networking Opportunities: Connect with professionals from various industries, share experiences, and expand your professional network.
- Access to Resources: Receive valuable resources, including templates, checklists, and toolkits, to support your organization’s insider threat management efforts.
- Continuous Improvement: Use the knowledge and skills gained from the workshop to enhance your organization’s insider threat management program, ensuring a more resilient and secure organization.
In this short video, course instructor, John Petrozzelli, discusses what else will be discussed in this important training:
In conclusion, attending the Insider Threat Management Workshop on Day 2 of the 8th Annual International Crisis Management Conference in Newport, Rhode Island, presents a valuable opportunity for professionals to enhance their knowledge, skills, and network in the realm of insider threat management. Participants will benefit from the expert-led discussions, collaborative learning environment, and practical resources provided, enabling them to better protect their organizations from the growing risks associated with insider threats. By fostering a security-conscious culture and implementing robust strategies, organizations can reduce the impact of potential security breaches and contribute to a safer, more secure global community.
About your Trainer: John Petrozzelli
John began his career as an intelligence officer in the U.S. Air Force in 1998 and served in the Republic of Korea in 1999. In September 2001, while supporting C-17 missions, he deployed to Sicily to support forward operating bases during the initial phases of the US war in Afghanistan. He then deployed to Germany to provide intelligence for C-17 missions delivering humanitarian airdrops to starving Afghans. John entered on duty with the FBI as an Intelligence Analyst in 2004, where he assisted in the creation of the Connecticut Intelligence Center Fusion Center and with the FBI InfraGard public outreach program.
In 2013 John was a day shift intelligence supervisor during the Boston Marathon Bombing manhunt and led the computer forensic review of all subjects’ digital media. In 2016 he earned a Master of Science in Information Security from Boston University and became FBI Boston’s Chief Security Officer.
He is now a Director of Cybersecurity for the Boston Metro Region of Managed Services Provider Magna5, which has been providing IT support and Cybersecurity services to companies nationwide.