“The International Crisis Management Conferences provided attendees a unique opportunity to meet and network with leaders of other organizations encountering similar challenges with contemporary issues such as incident response & recovery, managing cyber security threats, developing response teams and other hot topics. The conference speakers were phenomenal, and all were top-tier subject matter experts within their respective fields.”Cal Mathis – Director, Global Crisis Management, McGraw Hill Financial
We thank you, Cal, for perfectly summarizing why the ICMC conference is so valuable for crisis professionals. And, we’re proud to announce that this year’s 4th annual conference, April 30th to May 2nd, is going to be the best one ever. Here are six reasons why, and why you won’t want to miss ICMC’s premier annual event:
Reason 1: Three is greater than two.
The ICMC conference is now three days rather than two! Here’s what attendees can look forward to in our expanded program:
- Day 1 provides essential training on how to prepare yourself and your organization to respond quickly and effectively to crises. We’ll review the full array of disasters that you and your organization will inevitably find yourself facing at some point. Last year’s trainees were a productive mix of seasoned professionals seeking to freshen up their skills and newcomers to the industry who needed expert guidance.
- Day 2 brings us some of the most highly credentialed expert speakers. Their presentations will help guide us through the frontiers of best practices in crisis management, preparedness, business continuity and risk management. Using case studies, we’ll learn the newest, most effective strategies and tactics necessary for maximum preparedness. We’ll hear about lessons learned from some of the most high-profile crises in recent years. We’ll also gain the benefit of our speakers’ views on what we can expect in coming months — the new threats we face, and the new ways to address them.
- Day 3 inaugurates our ALL new training course on crisis simulation exercises. It’s a fact that a crisis plan and the response team are only as good as their last exercise. If you’re not holding exercises, you can’t be fully prepared, it’s just that simple. This course will teach you to design, run and evaluate crisis exercises that test and improve both your plan and your response team.
Reason 2: We learn from each other.
The second reason to join us at the 2019 ICMC conference truly distinguishes us: We are an organization of crisis professionals at all levels of our professional development. This intergenerational, cross-fertilization of ideas is one way we keep our members at the forefront of the industry. Basically, we teach each other while learning from each other.
Reason 3: More speakers — less power point slides
ICMC always presents a variety of speakers who offer a wide range of perspectives and skills. We know you prefer to hear from many different sorts of experts from a variety of business sectors, non-profits, religious and educational institutions, and our program delivers.
At least nine speakers will present their crisis management subjects on May 1s, 2019. Importantly, we’ve decided to change the format a bit, this year designing the presentations more like TED Talks, i.e., shorter and more impactful. And we’ve designed it so attendees have ample opportunity to meet with the speakers during breaks and social events to gain additional information.
4. Network with your type of people.
Last year over 100 attendees from the world of crisis management networked during the conference and social event. This year, we will have several social events as part of the conference. One will include a keynote speaker on the evening of April 30th as part of our opening presentations. We will also have a second social event at one of Newport’s most picturesque venues which will be announced soon. Make sure you sign up for our newsletters to get the latest information.
5. Continue to build your skills — and recognition for your skills — by gaining more certifications
Our training during the conference has been delivered to hundreds of crisis management professionals who wanted to continue their professional advancement in a rapidly growing field. This year’s all-new training program continues that mission. As before, course attendees will receive official certification upon course completion. Our courses are built upon both best practice guidance and industry standards, as well as our crisis management experience.
6. And, one big reason to be particularly excited about this year’s conference…..
We’re pleased to announce that this year’s event is at Gurney’s Resort and Spa in Newport, Rhode Island, one of the top destinations to visit in the US. Gurney’s web page description says it all:
Situated on Goat Island and surrounded by Narragansett Bay, Gurney’s Newport Resort & Marina offers the seclusion of a private island yet is just a jaunt from the shops and eateries of downtown Newport. Our waterfront resort is centrally located to the area’s abundant attractions and activities, which include landmark mansions, museums, vineyards, golf courses, beaches, state parks, scenic walks, and cruises. …
… Our expansive grounds offer 360-degree water views, providing an ideal setting for our fine restaurant overlooking Newport Harbor, lounge with wraparound deck, full-service spa, and outdoor saltwater pool.
Sign up now. Don’t miss this important event.
With the pace of crises quickening and new kinds of crises continuously rearing their hydra heads, crisis professionals have the responsibility to keep current on all the tools and training available today. It’s the only way for people and their organizations to be as prepared as they possibly can be for both the predictable and the unpredictable.
The need for rapid, effective responses has never been more demanding. That’s why crisis professionals need to be at the 2019, 4th annual International Crisis Management Conference.