Principles of Crisis Management will cover the characteristics of a crisis, and a framework to manage the life cycle of a crisis from horizon scanning for potential issues, through the closure and remediating gaps or Lessons “to be” Learned. Upon completion of this course you will know:
- Difference between an issue and a crisis
- What is “Horizon Scanning” and when should it occur?
- How do I prepare my organization for a crisis?
- What are the components for an effective crisis response?
- What’s a recovery?
- How do we Improve?
Training Block 1
The morning session will cover the components of developing, implementing and managing a crisis management program. Interwoven into the principles, will be examples and videos demonstrating the good, the bad, and the ugly.
- Introduction to Crisis Management
- What is a crisis?
- How do you know when it’s a crisis?
- Crisis Management Program
- Establishing a Policy
- The Plan
- Before, During and After: Holistic Crisis Management
- Anticipate and Assess
- Review and Learn
Training Block 2
The afternoon session will be a FUN case study during which we will practice the Before, During and After phases of a crisis. Due to training attendees coming from different business sectors, we use a generic business (a circus) to facilitate walking you through the crisis management process. Each attendee will role play a member of the crisis management team for the simulated traveling circus business. You will get an opportunity to walk through each of the crisis phases and use some of the most important tools that help to efficiently manage a crisis.