Additional information regarding our NEW training course, “Principles of Effective Cyber Response”
Principles of Effective Cyber Response is a one-day training course that covers an often-overlooked aspect of cyberattacks – Crisis Management. Using a prominent cyberattack case study as the backdrop for the session, this course will focus on key components that should be part of every cyber response plan.
Upon completion of the training you will know:
- How to build an effective cyber response team.
- The importance of cyber insurance, what to look for in your insurance policy and pitfalls to avoid when dealing with the insurer.
- Why Privacy and Privilege cannot be overlooked or underestimated.
- How to liaise with your cyber and technology team on problem resolution timelines vs. deadlines and Recovery Time Objectives.
- What critical decisions need to be considered as part of your planning and how to use default positions as a starting point for making decisions during a crisis.
- The importance of crisis communications in a cyber event.
- How to build an effective communications strategy that delivers a consistent message to internal and external stakeholders.
- How to create your own cyber response plan.
- The value of a semi-colon in your crisis management strategies.
In this short video, Rob Burton gives a brief explanation of the course:
ICMC 2020 will offer three additional courses as well:
- Principles of Crisis Management
- Principles of Simulation Exercises
- Principles of Crisis Communications