We may not be able to prevent a crisis from occurring, but we can prepare for one.
Susan Armstrong presented, “Navigating Crisis Management In An Ever Changing Landscape,” at ICMC 2017. During her session, she discussed the importance of planning and testing before a crisis.
Realities of Managing a Crisis:
- Prompt action reduces collateral damage
- Important decisions are made before the crisis ever occurs
- Plans need to be predetermined, documented and tested
- Roles and responsibilities need to be in place
- Command and control, transition of services across countries and/or Regions is necessary
- Inaccurate Information creates new crisis
- Social media reaches millions of audiences in seconds, companies need to consider how to address