The Principles of Effective Cyber Response virtual training course will first be offered on August 18-19, 2020. In this short video, Rob Burton interviews the course instructor, Mark Hoffman.
For years, companies have treated cybersecurity as a risk that IT could solve alone. Those days are gone.
Beyond IT, companies need to add a Crisis Management component to their defined response. We must understand key decisions, communications and reputation management requirements.
Upon completion of the two-day training you will know:
- How to build an effective cyber response team.
- The importance of cyber insurance, what to look for in your insurance policy and pitfalls to avoid when dealing with the insurer.
- Why Privacy and Privilege cannot be overlooked or underestimated.
- How to liaise with your cyber and technology team on problem resolution timelines vs. deadlines and Recovery Time Objectives.
- What critical decisions need to be considered as part of your planning and how to use default positions as a starting point for making decisions during a crisis.
- The importance of crisis communications in a cyber event.
- How to build an effective communications strategy that delivers a consistent message to internal and external stakeholders.
- How to create your own cyber response plan.
- The value of a semi-colon in your crisis management strategies.
Join us virtually, August 18-19, 2020