How to Conduct Media Relations During a Crisis
Login or complete the Video Access form below to access the full video
In this webinar, David Kalson, long-time crisis communications expert, present highlights from his upcoming ICMC course, “Principles of Media Relations” (both social and traditional) during a crisis.
David discusses some of the most important media relations challenges crisis managers face and how they can meet these challenges, including…
- How to establish your organization as the authoritative source for information about the crisis
- Protecting the brand in a crisis
- How to positively influence crisis news coverage
- Choosing and training spokespersons
- Understanding a reporter’s point of view and finding common ground
- Recognizing reporters’ traps and how to respond
- Establishing employees’ social media policy
- How to monitor and respond on social media before, during and after a crisis
Anyone who’s part of their organization’s crisis response team and wants to be on top of the latest developments in the use of media relations when managing a crisis should attend this webinar.